Thursday, December 17, 2009

What's New

I've been horribly negligent about updating my blog, but I haven't really felt like I've had all that much to share. There certainly isn't anything witty to write about and in any case my witticism died many years ago along with my creativity. Nonetheless, I feel the need to do a little writing and maybe just a little venting.

On Monday Mailee had her preschool Christmas concert. She goes to Bethel Baptist preschool on 291. It's a nice preschool, a little religious, of course, but not overly Baptisty and we really like it. She routinely brings home nativity pictures and sheets that say "God created Heaven and Earth," and the Bible verse for the month but she hasn't brought home any crosses, so its actually pretty nice. Anyway, the concert was awesome. It lasted for maybe 20 minutes, which is the perfect length for kids that age and it was only weird when they sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. Then yesterday they had their "Jesus Birthday Party" at school. She came home with a lot of stuff, including a slide whistle that says "Happy Birthday Jesus" on it and a jingle bell bracelet that says "Jingle for Jesus." I kid you not. Protestants are weird.

Not that our own ward doesn't get a little protestanty from time to time. They always want Mark to sing in church, which is great, but it is rarely just a straight up song from the hymn book, which bothers him because he prefers hymns. For the Christmas Sacrament Program they were trying to get approval from the stake for Mark to sing and play his classical guitar which he was a little uncomfortable with, but what can he do. Approval did not come through so now he is just singing (thankfully). Now lets just hope it is a nice song from the hymnbook and not a more protestant Christmas song like "Shepherd Boy" or "Mary did you know?" Not that there is anything wrong with that.

In other news, I'm pregnant (like any of you could forget) and I hate it. I complain enough that I don't think anyone could ever forget. I am enormously grateful to be pregnant, I just don't like it. I also feel so tricked. My pregnancy with Brick wasn't the greatest( I had those stomach muscle problems towards the end and then the slight preclampsia), but energy wise I felt like it was just fine. Then I spent the last two years eating right and exercising all in preparation for the next pregnancy. I figured if I really got healthy and strong the next pregnancy would be so much easier. Plus I lost all my extra weight. I had really high hopes. So I got pregnant. The first trimester was hard because I was nauseous and tired and then I thought it would get better. Well, now I'm not nauseous anymore, but I just don't have any energy. It's like my fibromyalgia has come back full strength. Walking across the house wears me out and forget shopping. The baby is already so heavy and I can feel the stress on my muscles. I'm completely useless to my family. Mark has to do literally everything when he gets home and he is so tired. I'm just wondering when it will end and I will be able to pull my weight again. I'm sorry to complain. It is just so emotionally overwhelming. I don't do well mentally when I don't feel well.

Anyway, that is the latest for us.

No comments: