Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Son is Smart

Today is kind of a lazy day. It is cold and wet outside and Brick is congested so we are staying in. I'm trying to catch up on my internet stuff and teach Mailee to sew with a needle and thread. A pretty relaxed day.

Well, I was laying on the couch downstairs reading my book while Mailee sewed, when Brick came up and handed me two trains. "Stay there," he said, and walked off. "Ok. I'll stay here," I said. I thought he wanted me to watch his trains while he went to find more.

A minute later I heard a rustling noise. I sat up and looked into the kitchen and there was Brick with his hand in the Splenda bag! Smart little thing had handed me his trains to distract me while he went for the good stuff! All I could really do was laugh and clean up the mess.

It's when they do stuff like that that I'm reminded of how special they are. It make me love them more. Now, if Mailee had done the same thing I'm not sure I would have found it so funny, but there is a big difference between a two year old tricking you and a 4 and a half year old doing it. In any case, I do love my kids.

No comments: